RECYSITE aims to demonstrate recyclability and reuse of a new generation of high performance fibre-reinforced thermoset composites from renewable resources (bio-waste)
Information on the project
- Demonstration of new 100% recyclable and reprocessable composites formulations for maximising the recyclability and re-use of composite parts. Simultaneously it will limit incineration and landfilling to non-recyclable materials.
- Valorisation of bio-waste residues from renewable resources not competing with food: natural fibres from bio-waste (linseed [flax] fibres) and resins from natural resources (linseed oil and humins).
Validation of the proposed solution in different strategic sectors
- Transportation (refrigerated swap body)
- construction (modular façade wall)
The project is coordinated by Centexbel (BE)
- AITIIP (ES)
- Avantium (NL)
- SISPRA (ES)
- CIDETEC (ES)
- CNRS (FR)
- Dierickx Visschers NV (BE)
The project has been cofounded by the Life Programme under project number: LIFE15 ENV/BE/000204
and is co-financed by the Province of East-Flanders in Belgium