The RETEX partners desire to promote the collaboration between the different actors of the textile, recycling and plastic converting (producers and consumers) value chains. This will enable them to know each other's expertise and to express their expectations. At the same time, they will have the opportunity to learn more about the problems of waste and excess processing. The ultimate goal is to launch innovation projects on economically viable recycled materials, to create a sustainable value chain of recycled products and available secondary materials.
The RETEX aims to restructure the textile value chain to fit the circular economy by:
- putting economic actors to the disposition of the textile industry
- reassessing the "end-of-life management system of textiles"
- stimulating the market demands of products containing recycled materials
In view of this objective, RETEX will create three modules to which it will add the two cross-border modules of the Interreg V programme (project management and communication).
- Creation of a website on circular economy, including a material library, an exchange forum and a database of known technologies, markets and projects.
- Stimulating innovation and eco-design: this module will raise the awareness of the different actors in their search of recycling solutions or circular economy by organising two congresses, a number of workshops, thematic days and meeting, in the aim to launch innovation projects.
- Developing new economic models: to support the innovation projects launched by the workgroups related to the identified materials and techniques, economic models will be developed to start funded industrial projects.
- Newsletter with information on the RETEX activities: subscribe here
The union of the three regions will reinforce the RETEX programme because of the important critical mass and because it joins the different and complementary knowledge actors to create a lasting and profitable activity in the field of a circular textile economy.